Thursday, October 2, 2008

An Untold Story - Rajesh

With hope in my heart...hope for a new life...fearful of new struggles... I started my journey in life. I am from a small village called Pedapatnam which is near Machilipatnam on Bay of Bengal. Though my village is surrounded by water I don't know how to swim. But I learnt how to swim in my life with the helping hands that reached out to me! A new Mother entered my life! A voice told me to take courage and move on...and it shaped my life. She held my hands and showed me the way. A hand once passed on to me a Rs 20 note...a gift from her... I still remember...it was the first time I touched a "large" (to me at that time) sum of money. It touched my heart. It gave me hope. My Mom's hands..! Those hands that helped me... cared for me...held me..! Now I am a new creation...a fruit of her love and care. She made me what I am today and my life has now started in the real world... I completed my Master of Arts in Communications from the Central University, Hyderabad. I am presently working in N TV, a local language News Channel, as a Programme Producer. I recently received an Award for the Best TV Documentary Film. I dedicate this Award to her...my Sponsor...my Mom...Sandra Nalin! I never saw her until now. I hope to meet her one day... But even if I never do I will always remember her ... and feel her love for me!

A Son waiting to see his Mom,
Rajesh MANDHAPATI


1 comment:

shriprakash said...

wonderful Rajesh...
me too want to see her....
my all solidarity,love and respect to your work...
Shri